The Women Lawyer’s Leadership Boardroom is designed to provide a forum for women in leadership roles -- or those who aspire to leadership roles in law firms and law departments. The goal is to foster energetic, strategic and confidential discussions about topics of importance to the profession and of interest to women leaders. Boardroom members meet twice a year and receive other important benefits described below. Discussion topics are member-driven and selected, and are likely to include discussions about issues such as:
Boardroom Member Benefits
- Developing business--inclusion of women in initiatives such as cross-selling, and expansion of existing clients.
- Getting on the leadership track.
- Retention of women in the legal industry, within law firms and law departments.
- Coaching and mentoring the next generation of women lawyer leaders.
- Establishing best practice models at law firms and in law departments—obstacles and challenges.
- Exploring leadership attributes and models required to achieve planning and implementation success.
- Leading teams and groups.
- Succession planning for women lawyer leaders.
- Helping women lawyers build confidence.
- Developing women/affinity initiatives in law firms and law departments.
- Stepping down from leadership – integrating back into your practice.
Women Lawyer’s Leadership Boardroom members receive a host of benefits including:
Opportunity to network with women lawyer leaders.
Small group format fosters candid discussions and networking.
20-percent discount on all open programs offered by LawVision Group LLC
20-percent discount on Law Firm Partnership and Benefits Report (published by ALM).
10-percent discount for individual members at Hildebrandt Institute’s annual and prestigious Law Firm Leaders Conference.
Access to proprietary and relevant research.
Membership is for those members registered. If a member is unable to attend a particular meeting she can send an alternate from the same firm/company. We recommend as much consistency as possible in attendance so you can leverage the networking and camaraderie benefits.
Boardroom members meet twice a year; meetings are hosted at a member firm or company’s offices.
The program format is noon start with a working lunch on day 1; a dinner day 1 evening and an 8:30 to 4:00 agenda on day 2. Members will decide their preferred dates for meetings at the beginning of each year.
Strong peer-to-peer networking group.
Members pay their individual travel and hotel costs; dinner and meals are included in the annual fees.
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations and roundtable discussions based on topics identified in pre-meeting interviews to be conducted by phone. The in-person meetings will include information on a topic of mutual interest (e.g., an annual state of the industry, research findings, etc.) to be presented by a well-known authority.
U.S. $4250 for up to two members; $7500 for four members; $10,000 for firm/company membership which includes up to eight members.
- The membership fee will be billed upon acceptance of membership and thereafter annually in January of each year. Membership also includes all meals. (Individual travel and hotel costs are not included).
Examples of women who will join the Women Lawyer Leadership Boardroom are those who serve or aspire to serve in any of the following roles:
- Firm Managing Partners
Office Managing Partners
Corporate General Counsel
Law firm General Counsel
In-house team and group leaders
Practice Group, department and client team leaders
Women Managers (e.g., finance partner, administrative partner, marketing partner)
Law Department Administrators
Affinity and Women’s Group Leaders
Silvia L. Coulter, Partner, M.S.P. Principal, LawVision Group; Chair, Client Development Group
Susan Raridon Lambreth, J.D., M.B.A. Principal, LawVision Group; Chair, Practice Management Group
To Sign Up:
Please sign a copy of the Women Lawyer’s Leadership Boardroom membership application (which we will send to you) and return to us for registering you as a Boardroom member.
Christine L. Hicks, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
LawVision Group LLC
P.O. Box 1572
Manchester, MA 01944-1604
For questions or more information contact:
Silvia L. Coulter, 978-526-8316 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Susan Raridon Lambreth, 615-377-3128 (email@example.com)
The Woman Lawyer's Rainmaking Game: How to Build a Successful Law Practice
By Silvia Coulter